Many people don’t think about their air conditioner until it’s too late. You’ll do anything to stop it when it’s hot and uncomfortable in your home. The good news is that there are things you can do to prevent this from happening. One of them is scheduling regular aircon servicing. This blog post will discuss how often you should service your air conditioner and warning signs that you need to do it sooner.
What factors affect how often your AC unit needs servicing?
A few factors will affect how often your AC unit needs serviced.
- The age of your AC unit – The older an AC unit is, the more often it needs servicing. As an AC unit ages, it will wear down and require frequent maintenance to keep running effectively.
- The amount of use your AC unit gets – If you use your AC unit a lot, it will need more servicing than if you only use it occasionally. This is because a heavily used AC unit will be under more stress and require frequent maintenance to stay in good condition.
- The type of AC unit you have – Some AC units are more prone to requiring servicing than others. For example, window-mounted AC units need more attention than central air conditioning systems. This is because window-mounted units are subjected to more extreme weather conditions and are generally less reliable than major air systems.
- The quality of the maintenance you provide – If you don’t provide your AC unit with regular maintenance, it will need servicing more often. This is because a lack of care can cause minor problems with the unit to become significant problems, which will then require more extensive repairs.
How Long Should You Service Your Air Conditioner?
It is essential to service your air conditioner regularly to keep it running well. The frequency of servicing your air conditioner depends on a few things. Most air conditioners should be serviced twice a year, depending on the climate and the type of air conditioner.
For example, in Singapore, where the climate is hot and humid, experts recommend servicing air conditioners every three months. If you want to ensure that your air conditioner can handle the stress it will likely experience, you should create a schedule for it.
It would help if you had your air conditioner serviced every four months to ensure it runs smoothly. This is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Regular servicing will help your air conditioner last for years.
Warning Signs to Look Out For When Your Air Conditioning Needs Servicing
Here are some signs that it might be time to call in a professional:
One of the first signs that your air conditioner needs servicing is an increase in energy bills. This usually means that the unit is not running as efficiently as it should be and needs to be cleaned or repaired.
Another sign that your air conditioner needs attention is if you start noticing strange noises from the unit. These could be indicative of loose parts that need to be tightened. If you also see any leaks, this is another sign that you need to have the unit serviced.
Lastly, it needs to be serviced if the air conditioner is not blowing out cold air. If you constantly adjust the thermostat without relief, it’s time to call a professional.
Ideally, it would help if you had your air conditioner serviced at least four times yearly. However, if you live in a scorching climate or use your air conditioner frequently, you may need to service it more often.
Tips on How to Maintain Your Air Conditioner Properly
You can do a few things between professional servicing appointments to help keep your air conditioner in good shape.
- Inspect your air conditioner unit regularly for damage or leaks. If you spot any issues, have them fixed right away to prevent further damage.
- Make sure the filters are clean and replaced when necessary. Dirty filters can cause the air conditioner to work harder and reduce its lifespan.
- Keep the area around your air conditioner unit clear of obstructions. This will help ensure that the unit can operate efficiently and cool the site as intended.
- To avoid overworking the air conditioner, adjust the thermostat settings accordingly. Try not to set the temperature too low or too high, as this can increase energy costs and damage the unit.
- Have your air conditioner unit serviced and cleaned regularly by a qualified technician. This will help keep it running smoothly and increase its lifespan.
An air conditioner is a significant investment, so it is essential to take care of it properly. Following the tips above and having your unit serviced regularly, you can help ensure that your air conditioner lasts for many years. Servicing may seem like a hassle, but it is worth it in the long run!