Most people only think about aircon servicing when their unit breaks down, and they need it repaired. However, regular aircon servicing is essential for the health of your unit and can help prevent expensive repairs in the future. This blog post will discuss the 11 essential services included in a typical aircon servicing package. Keep reading to learn more!
Why is regular aircon servicing important?
Most homes and businesses need air conditioners to stay comfortable in hot and humid climates. Air conditioners help to control the temperature and humidity in a room. However, air conditioners can also produce indoor air pollution. Over time, they can accumulate dust, mold, and other contaminants that can cause health problems. That’s why it’s essential to have your air conditioner serviced regularly.
A professional technician will clean the unit and replace any filters or other parts that are worn or damaged. This will help to keep the unit running efficiently and prevent the build-up of harmful contaminants. In addition, regular servicing can also help to extend the lifespan of your air conditioner. So if you want to stay comfortable and healthy, schedule regular aircon servicing.
What are the 12 essential services that are included in a typical aircon servicing package?
- Cleaning of the aircon filters: The aircon filters need to be cleaned to prevent dirt and dust from entering the system and clogging the coils. This will help ensure the aircon unit’s efficient and effective operation.
- Checking of the aircon’s drainage system- The drainage system should be checked to ensure that it is clear and free of blockages. If the drainage system is blocked, water will accumulate inside the aircon and can cause damage to the unit.
- Checking of the aircon compressor: The compressor is an important part of the aircon unit and needs to be checked for proper function and operation. Any problems with the compressor need to be fixed or replaced as soon as possible to prevent further damage to the unit.
- Inspecting Blower Wheel: The blower wheel helps circulate air through the unit and needs to be inspected for any damage or obstructions that may prevent proper airflow. If there is a problem with the blower wheel, it should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
- Tightening of all loose screws and bolts: Loose screws and bolts can cause problems with the operation of the aircon unit and can lead to further damage if not fixed. Tightening all loose screws and bolts can help keep the unit in good condition and prevent further damage.
- Vacuum The Evaporator Coil- The evaporator coil should be vacuumed regularly to remove any dust or dirt build-up. This will help improve the unit’s efficiency and prevent it from overheating.
- Aircon gas checking & refilling- The gas levels in the aircon should be checked and filled if necessary. If there is a lack of gas, the aircon will not be able to cool down the room properly.
- Visual Inspection: The entire aircon unit should be visually inspected for any damage or wear and tear. If there are any problems with the unit, they should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
- Inspecting Thermistor: The thermistor monitors the temperature inside the unit and needs to be checked periodically for accuracy. If there is a problem with the thermistor, it should be replaced as soon as possible for accurate temperature readings.
- Uncommon noises: Any unusual noises coming from the aircon unit should be investigated as they could be a sign of a serious problem. One common noise that can indicate a problem with an air conditioner is a loud humming noise. This could be a sign that the fan inside the unit is not working correctly and needs to be replaced. Other everyday noises that could indicate an air conditioner problem include rattling, squealing, and hissing.
- Test the Unit: The entire aircon unit should be tested after completing all services for proper function and operation. This will help to ensure that the unit is in good working condition and ready to use.
Regular aircon servicing is essential for your unit’s proper function and operation. Following the 11 essential services included in a typical servicing package can help keep your air conditioner in good condition and prevent further damage. If you have any problems with your air conditioner, contact a professional for assistance.