It’s a common misconception that aircon compressors don’t need to be serviced. They do – and regular servicing is essential if you want your aircon unit to run efficiently and last as long as possible. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at aircon compressors and explain why it’s so important to have them serviced regularly.
What are aircon compressors, and what do they do?
Air conditioners use a lot of power, which generates a lot of heat. To prevent that heat from damaging the delicate components inside the AC unit, the compressor is responsible for moving hot air out of the system. The compressor is a pump that circulates the refrigerant through the AC unit. It compresses the refrigerant gas and then passes it through a series of coils. As the gas flows through the waves, it expands and cools, absorbing heat inside the AC unit. This cooled refrigerant is then circulated back to the compressor, where the cycle begins anew. By constantly circulating refrigerant through the system, the compressor helps to keep your AC unit running safely and efficiently.
Does Aircon Compressor need servicing?
Yes. The aircon compressor needs to be serviced regularly. Most people think their air conditioner compressor is something they never have to consider. After all, it’s a sealed unit, so how could it possibly need servicing? However, the truth is that your air conditioner compressor is one of the essential parts of your AC system and needs to be serviced continuously.
Over time, the compressor can start to wear out, which can cause the refrigerant to leak. When this happens, your AC system will not be able to cool your home as effectively, and you may even start to notice a rise in your energy bills. In addition, a leaking compressor can also damage other parts of your AC system. For this reason, it’s essential to have your compressor serviced by a qualified technician every few years.
What are the benefits of regular servicing your Aircon Compressor?
- Reduced energy bills – A well-serviced air conditioning compressor will work more efficiently and use less energy, saving you money on your energy bills.
- Increased lifespan for your aircon unit – A regularly serviced compressor will last longer than one that is not, meaning you will have to spend less on repairs or replacements in the long run.
- Improved comfortability – When your compressor is working correctly, your air conditioning unit will provide a more comfortable environment, cooling your home or office quickly and evenly.
- Fewer breakdowns – A compressor that is serviced regularly is less likely to break down, meaning you will not have to deal with the inconvenience (and potential cost) of a breakdown.
- Peace of mind – Knowing that your aircon compressor is in good working order gives you peace of mind and allows you to enjoy all the benefits of a properly functioning air conditioning unit.
How often should compressors be serviced for optimal performance?
Most experts recommend that your air conditioner compressor be serviced every two to three years. However, this may vary depending on the make and model of your unit and how often it is used. If you are unsure how often your particular model should be serviced, consult your owner’s manual or contact a qualified technician for advice.
How can you tell if your AC compressor needs servicing?
There are a few signs that your compressor may need to be serviced. If you notice any of the following, it’s time to call a technician:
- If your air conditioner is not cooling your home as effectively as it used to, this may be a sign that your AC compressor needs servicing. The compressor is responsible for pumping refrigerant throughout the system to cool your home, so if it is not functioning properly, your AC unit will not be able to do its job.
- If you have noticed that your energy bills have increased, it may be because your AC compressor is not working efficiently. The compressor is responsible for moving the refrigerant throughout the system. If it is not functioning correctly, your unit will have to work harder to achieve the desired results, costing you more energy bills.
- If you have noticed that your AC unit is making strange noises, this may indicate that the compressor needs servicing. The compressor is a mechanical component; therefore, it can occasionally make strange noises due to normal wear and tear. However, if you notice more frequent or louder noises than usual, it may indicate a problem with the compressor and should be serviced.
- If you are seeing refrigerant leaking from your AC unit, this is a sign that the compressor needs servicing. Leaking refrigerant can cause problems with your AC unit, so it is essential to have it serviced as soon as possible if you notice this issue.
If you notice any of these signs, don’t hesitate to call a technician for assistance.
What does a typical compressor service involve?
When your compressor is serviced, a technician will inspect the unit for any signs of wear and tear. They will also check for leaks and test the refrigerant levels. If necessary, they will clean the coils and make any necessary repairs. Once the service is complete, your compressor should be back to working correctly, providing you with efficient and effective cooling.
How much does compressor servicing cost?
Servicing an AC compressor unit typically ranges from $80 to $100. The exact price will depend on the make and model of the unit, as well as the company you hire to do the work. However, most companies will charge a flat rate for this service, so you can expect to pay around $80 for a single unit. If you have multiple units, you may be able to get a discounted rate. Many companies also offer discounts for larger jobs, so it’s worth checking with several companies before making a final decision. AC compressor servicing is a relatively inexpensive way to keep your AC unit running smoothly and efficiently.
Air conditioner compressors are an important part of your AC unit, and regular servicing is essential for optimal performance. Servicing your compressor every two to three years will help extend your unit’s lifespan and improve efficiency. If you notice signs that your compressor needs servicing, don’t hesitate to call a technician for assistance. With proper care, your AC unit will provide years of reliable cooling.